Labels

Friday 21 November 2014

Conventions: Music


Conventions: Music
Music is going to be used through our filming of our film, although we need to create our own ideas so we need to derive from other soundtracks, I am going to talk about the music genres that we could introduce and what kind of scenes they could be intended for. We have the group ability to create music through our own methods, as we have the musical ability with both singing and playing instruments. This can be done through processing it on the computers to then add to the short film.

Soul Music
Soul is a very chill and relaxing kind of music genre. This is intended to be used for calm environments and the bpm (beats per minute) is lesser than usual. I went onto SoundCloud to find out to see what kind of music is out there that people like with Soul. I’ve heard female voices re-enact the chill and relax to this.

Soul would most definitely not be ideal for action scenes where zombies are getting shot, as that wouldn’t work. Although this would work for the after-math, closing down the scene or creating a bridge to the next scene which could be a cliff-hanger. I have looked at several songs within the online social website and I see a couple to be as good inspiration if we was to do some soul music within our piece.

Majid Jordan - Her
This is a good song which I have listened to, I feel like the voices are very lightly implemented into the music, as it seems to be smooth and understandable. Although I do find this to be way too upbeat for what the piece intends to be. I also find the bass to be too much for soul music, so I think that in order to make this a good piece, it has to have a lot of high and mids inside the sequence. 

I feel the soul bit of music that we create will have to have high pitched soft elements to it to endure a closure to the scene which will be acted out.

Childish Gambino - Sober
This song I feel this is good, as it doesn’t have any deep bass, however I also think that it is too lively for the scene which we’re going to be acting out. I want this to be really soft toned. 

I feel that Lana Del Rey portrays her music in a very country way, and I feel that getting this across to the audience implies that it is going to explain the blue folk outline. I’d say that Lana Del Rey is Soul also.

Lana Del Rey’s Music
Elizabeth Grant’s overall aim for each of her albums was that they are able to express her love and use her found footage towards music, the found footage elements express simplistic compilations and montages. She used a lot of single chords and soft voice she had to imply delicacy to the video that she made. This improved the creation of her music and she became well known for hand footage and short clips snipped together. 

This video is an example of what has smooth lyrical value and soft notes that aren’t too difficult for the interpretation by our own creation of music. Her music brings the soul into a blue dark-hearted element, and her music is a heavy inspiration for the dark side of our clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment