Labels

Saturday 25 April 2015

Evaluation - Summary

To conclude looking back at all we have done from the start of our production, we have done so much and come so far from preproduction to the product we created. So what was good about our project? For me starting with research. I think at the beginning research wasn't that good. This is because we had never done any research into this before, well I certainly hadn't anyway so I didn't know how to go about it. That's why my first initial posts are no way near as detailed as my posts towards the end of the production as through it all I have learnt how to fully analyse and evaluate my work looking at what's good and bad about things. But as I researched more I started making more in depth research and looking at the advantages and disadvantages of things. One thing I wish I had done is at the beginning of the project I wish that I had been more motivated to do the work as I didn't put as much effort into the first pieces of research and I feel that maybe if I had researched those better we would have had more to work with. But the fact is I noticed this and improved the quality of my work and therefore improving the quality of the film. But looking back on my research I have improved since I first started which is good as it shows that I can develop my work. But other than that my research was average and it has helped towards creating a really good film. In the production I feel that it went really well. The day of filming went amazing and I really enjoyed that and it was great that we managed to get everything filmed in one day. The fact that we had such a big group of people who were as motivated and as passionate about the film as we were really made it much better and much easier to do things. But it isn't all sunshine and rainbows as there were many problems on the film day. I constantly go on about how we didn't get enough takes of the scene where the zombies break into the room and I think if we would have just got more takes of that the film would have been completely different as there would have been more to work with. But you cant stay hung up on that fact, I know for certain, next time I will allocate much more time for filming and then add extra time just incase anything like that happens. But other than that the filming day was really successful. Another thing about the production was creating the music. One thing that is really original about our film is that for the title sequence and the first scene (even though we left that music out) all the music was composed and recorded by us. Because I can play the piano and I enjoy it I knew straight away that I wanted to create the music for our film. By creating it ourself we put ourself one step ahead because it's original and suited to our film. I love the dark music we have in our film I just wish that maybe the lighting in the mise en scene would have helped contribute to this. The effort we put into the costumes and makeup was really good as well. We had a friend who was very motivated to help us who was really good at makeup so that made it so much easier. We showed her what we wanted and let her work her magic. The mise en scene in terms of makeup would have been terrible if we had done it ourselves as we're all boys who have no experience in this. But other that that costumes were good too. So all in all the production of the film was very successful and I am very happy. Postproduction was also very successful however did take a long time. The editing such as the slow motion is very effective in the scenes it is in. Also the continuity is really good. Another thing that is good is that we managed to rectify the lack of shots we got from the production stage and we added jump cuts so that it works. But other than that everything else is continuous. The process took a while but we have come out with a film that is good, suits our target audience and fits to all our research.

No comments:

Post a Comment